How Can You Prevent Flood Damage To Your Pickens County Home?
Preventing Flood Damage To Your Pickens County Home.
Flood hazards can occur due to severe thunderstorms, hurricanes, seasonal rains, or other weather-related events. Floods can cause several problems from damage to your house and possessions, contaminating the water, to area-wide destruction. Below you can find tips to help you prepare for any type of flood situation.
- If you can, avoid building in a flood-prone area unless you elevate and reinforce your home.
- Elevate the furnace, water heater, and electric panel if susceptible to flooding.
- Install check valves in sewer traps to prevent floodwater backing up into the drains of your home.
- Contact community officials to find out if they are planning on constructing barriers to stop floodwaters.
- Seal the walls in your basement to prevent floodwaters from entering your basement.
- Sit down and review your insurance policy. Flood coverage is not a part of most homeowners, mobile home, or renters insurance policies. Know there is a thirty-day waiting period for coverage to take effect.
If you experience flood damage to your home valuables, call SERVPRO of Pickens County (864) 855-3993!