Recent Cleaning Posts
I Used A Fire Extinguisher In My House How Do I Clean Up The Residue?
Being prepared for a fire can make the difference between dealing with a huge disaster or a mess. Having a portable fire extinguisher within reach is a fast and effective response for when a minor fire breaks out in your home. If a fire does begin in your home and you put it out with a portable fire extinguisher, unfortunately, you will be left with a slight mess to clean up. The chemicals used in various fire extinguishers are hazardous to humans and pets so, all of the fire extinguishers' dust and residue must be removed and cleaned. ABC multi-purpose fire extinguishers contain either ammonium phosphate or ammonium sulfate powder that is irritating to the eyes, skin, and lungs. Before you begin cleaning up, you need to identify the dousing agent. An air pressurized water fire extinguisher or CO2 fire extinguishers won't leave behind any harmful chemicals. All fire extinguishers will have a label or tag that tells you what type of fire extinguishers it is and what it contains.
Before you begin cleaning any fire extinguisher residue, you must remember to wear protective gear. Wear an n95 dust mask, goggles, and nitrile gloves to avoid a potential allergic reaction. A dry chemical fire extinguisher with non-toxic bicarbonate will leave behind a powdery residue. You can easily clean the left-behind powdery residue with a vacuum and a few simple steps. First, remove any large debris left behind after the fire. Once you have removed all the big debris, you can begin going over the area with a vacuum. It may take several passes with the vacuum to thoroughly remove all the powdery residue. If the space you are cleaning is for food prep or cooking space, it's crucial you thoroughly clean and sanitize the area after removing the residue.
A multi-purpose dry chemical fire extinguisher containing mono ammonium phosphate requires a different method of cleaning. You will not be able to vacuum up the left behind residue. You must quickly remove this residue by hand. Wear nitrile gloves and wipe the leftover residue with a clean cloth. If you can wet-wash the surface, use a 1:1 solution of warm water and baking soda. Thoroughly dry and sanitize the area once you have cleaned up all the residue.
If you have fire extinguisher residue and can't clean it up, give SERVPRO of Pickens County a call (864) 855 - 3993. Our top-of-the-line technology and cleaning products paired with our highly trained technicians will make it "Like it never even happened."
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Pickens County today at 864-855-3993 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning In Pickens County
Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning In Pickens County
Carpet acts as a filter in your home, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. The type of carpet and color, soil build-up, and traffic will determine how often you will need a professional cleaning.
We Offer A Range Of Specialized Cleaning Methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life of your carpet. IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet. Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular Vacuuming
- Spot Removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked on the carpet
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning? Call Today! (864) 855-3993
Ceiling and Wall Cleaning for Your Pickens County Home or Business
Ceiling and Wall Cleaning for Your Pickens County Home or Business:
Ceiling and wall cleaning should be part of the maintenance of your Pickens County home or business. Your ceilings and walls are exposed to dirt and dust, pet dander, cooking oils and grease, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants. Over time these contaminants can build up causing odor and diminishing the appearance of your ceilings and walls. You should also have your walls and ceilings cleaned before you paint so that the primer and paint can adhere properly. Whether you are looking for a professional cleaning or preparing to paint SERVPRO of Pickens County can help you.
Using SERVPRO’s time-tested and industry-approved steps, along with our proprietary cleaning products and methods, we strive to restore your ceilings and walls without the need to repaint or refinish and to help the entire property smell fresh.
Need Professional Cleaning? Call Today (864) 855-3993
Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning
Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning
With summer in full swing its imperative that your ventilation system is in excellent condition. The quality of your air is dependent on the cleanliness of your ventilation system. If your HVAC system has been running for some time without your attention, it could be circulating the following.
- Dirt and debris
- Other contaminants
On top of having cleaner air to breathe, cleaning your HVAC system regularly can extend the life of the equipment. This, in turn, can save you money.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary to improve the quality of your air. We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The Benefits Of Servicing Your HVAC Unit Include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information call SERVPRO of Pickens County today!